Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 4

And on we go! This fourth day of Miracle Bootcamp was busy and productive, though effective follow-up was less successful--all voice mails and emails.

On the other hand getting new contacts was fun and effective. I walked over to the grocery store two blocks from my house and began wandering around without a cart prepared to tell anyone who asked that I was looking for inspiration for dinner.

As I walked by the cheese counter there were two women with a full cart debating block or shredded cheese. They were laughing and I laughed too, and said I felt the same way they did. then I asked them if they help me, told them a snippet about bootcamp, and followed that with a bit about Together We Can Change the World (really just why it was founded).

From there I told them that I was associated with MPM which is the revenue producing division of the company. Told them about the stimulus package and asked if they would like to find out more about it.

The result--two cards of contact information filled out.

From there I saw another lady with a cart full of small aluminum pans, cake mixes, decorating supplies, and I commented that it looked like a party was happening at her house. She told me it was for a bake sale to get the money for her daughter to go to a national contest and that they had also been doing yard sales and lemonade stands. A perfect opening, and another filled contact card.

Then I talked with a woman in a neck brace. We talked about her injury and What was going on with her, but it wasn't flowing easily, and I let that one go.

Then I spoke with another woman with a full cart using much the same tactics as with the first two women. She was curious, but didn't want to give me contact information, so on we went.

By then it was time to go, so I headed for the exit, and was actually out the door and went back in to speak with a woman with her toddler who was trying to win quarters at a machine by the door. She told me her husbands work hours have been cut in half, and of course their bills haven't been. She was very interested in the rebate certificates and immediately thought of other people who who she thought would like to know about them, so got her information, too.

At that point I really did leave, because I was expected at my sister's birthday party. There I spoke with my nephew's wife about MPM and got her information, too. We'll chat more about how MPM can impact her two children and get into more detail later, but in then was not the time.

All in all a fun and productive adventure.

Make it a wonderful Friday for yourself and for someone else, too. Night, now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon~~

    I've been so inspired to read your blog posts and see how you're out getting your contacts and staying cool.

    You're doing wonderfully!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete